Thursday, March 17, 2011

I-130 Petition Package - Sample Form G-325a, Biographic Information

As part of the I-130 Petition Package, you (Petitioner) and your foreign spouse (Beneficiary) need to each complete a Form G-325a, Biographic Information.  The form is an easy one page document (there is a second page, but it is only instructions) that you can find on the USCIS website.    

Just like Form I-130, this document is a pdf fill-in form.  Anything you are unable to complete online, print the document off and fill in the rest in black pen.  For example, in my sample forms below in the section, "Applicant's Last Address Outside...", I printed the document off and wrote the words "PRESENT TIME" in the date section, since I am still living at that address.

And the most important step - sign the document.  Be sure the form you submit has the original signature written in pen - not a photocopy.

Remember not to leave any blanks.  Use "NONE" or "N/A", accordingly.

The only question that I had on this form was the box, "This form is submitted in connection with an application for:"  After doing some research, the consensus is to check "Other (Specify)", but there doesn't seem to be a consensus on what to write.  I decided to keep it very simple, and write "Form I-130" on both of our forms. 

Sample Form G-325a for you (Petitioner) and your foreign spouse (Beneficiary):
Sample Form G-325a - Petitioner

Sample Form G-325a - Beneficiary

Next post: Passport style photos... _____________________________________________________
If you decide to hire a professional to assist you with your Spousal or Fiancee Visa process, I recommend Fred at Fiancee Visa Services (ad below).  To receive an exclusive $50 discount on Spousal visa services or a $30 discount on Fiancee visa services, just send me an email first (CrossBorderMarriage@gmail.com), and I will provide you with the details. Thanks! -Mark

help to prepare fiancee visa or spousal visa application

9 comments:

  1. Where are the signatures? is that posiible not signed ,both?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi tseg,

    When you print off Form G-325a, you will need to sign it. Like a US tax return, you need to have an actual signature written in pen.

    Best,

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  3. AnonymousMay 07, 2012

    what if no job from the beneficiary or on and off job?how will u sign it out? pls help ty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,

    My wife was not currently working when we completed her G-325a, so we entered "Unemployed" on the top row for both the 'Full Name and Address of Employer' section, and 'Occupation'.

    Hope that answers your question.

    Best,

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    I'm filing for my husband which lives abroad and he has never been to the USA. My question is who should sing his G-325A form since he is not here? Can I personally sing his form?
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Sofiya, your husband would definitely have to sign his own form.

    He may be able to complete the form and fax it to you. But I would check with the USCIS if a faxed copy is okay, or if they need an original copy.

    Best,

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for the fast reply. I wish you all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi, what about on the (Family name), (First name), (Middle name), since im already married, can I put my husband last name on my FAMILY NAME to fill up or I should still put my family name when I was single.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Irene,

    I'm not quite sure, but I would assume you would enter whatever your legal family name is right now. Then you could enter your original family name on the line below for "All other names used".

    When in doubt, best to call the USCIS for the answer.

    Good luck with everything!

    Mark

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...